Dr. Wang graduated from Tongji University and the University of Florida in urban planning. He is a national registered urban and rural planner, and He is currently a lecturer and master's tutor at the School of Architecture and Urban Planning at Huazhong University of Science and Technology. His research focuses on urban and rural ecological environment planning, rural planning, urban and regional development, urban planning research methods. He has presided over and participated in 3 national natural science funds, published more than 20 papers, and participated in 3 books and textbooks. In 2017, He was appointed as deputy director and member of the party group of the Nanning Planning Administration.
2003.9-2007.6 Bachelor, Zhengzhou University
2007.9-2010.6 Master, Master of Nanjing University
2010.9-2015.12 Ph.D. ,Tongji University, jointly trained by the University of Florida.
2015.12-present Lecturer, School of Architecture and Urban Planning, Huazhong University of Science and Technology
2017.1-2017.12 Deputy Director and Party Member of Nanning City Planning Administration
2010.5-2010.8 Fujian Urban and Rural Planning and Design Institute
Urban and rural ecological environment planning, rural planning, urban and regional development, urban planning research methods
1. Shen Qingji, An Chao, Song Ting, Wang Baoqiang. “Shanghai Urban Employment Structure and Spatial Distribution Based on Low Carbon Target”, Shanghai: Tongji University Press, 2014
2. Peng Yi, Wang Baoqiang, Zhang Mengjie. Research on the Coordinated Development Strategy of the Middle Reaches of the Yangtze River, Wuhan: Huazhong University of Science and Technology Press
3. Wang Baoqiang, ed., edited by Shen Qingji. “Urban Ecological Environment: Principles, Methods and Optimization”, Beijing: China Building Industry Press, ed., 2011
Guoliang Xu, Yi Li, Iain Hay, Xiuqing Zou, Xiaosong Tu, Baoqiang Wang. Beyond Place Attachment: Land Attachment of Resettled Farmers in Jiangsu, China[J]. Sustainability,2019,11(2):1-12 .
Wang Baoqiang, Li Pingping, Shen Qingji, Peng Chong. Study on the Stress Effect and Main Influencing Factors of Urbanization on Local Climate Change in Shanghai[J]. Urban Development Research, 2019(9)
 Peng Chong, Lin Yingzi, Wang Baoqiang. Inheritance and Development of Postgraduate Education in Urban and Rural Planning, Excellent Papers on Teaching Research in Urban and Rural Planning in National Colleges and Universities in 2019. Changsha, China Building Industry Press: 69-74.
Wang Baoqiang, Li Pingping. Research on the Methods of Discrimination and Delineation of Global Space Control[J]. Planner, 2019, 35(05): 13-19.
 Peng Chong, Chen Siyu, Wang Baoqiang. Study on the structural toughness of urban agglomeration network under the interruption simulation——Taking the passenger transportation network of the middle reaches of the Yangtze River as an example [J/OL]. Economic Geography: 1-15.
Huan Xiaoyan,Wang Baoqiang. Analysis of characteristics of community aging population based on behavioral spatial association[A]. China Urban Planning Society, Hangzhou Municipal People's Government. Sharing and Quality——2018 China Urban Planning Annual Conference Proceedings (20 Housing Construction Planning) [C]. China Urban Planning Association, Hangzhou Municipal People's Government: China Urban Planning Association, 2018:12.
 Peng Chong, Zhang Chen, Wang Baoqiang, Huang Yaping. Research on Performance Evaluation of Regional Collaborative Innovation System——Taking the Middle City Group of the Yangtze River as an Example[J]. Modern City Research, 2018(11): 33-40.
Wang Baoqiang, Peng Chong. Reflections on the Educational Transformation of “Regional Planning” Adapting to Institutional Reform——Based on the Professional Perspective of Urban and Rural Planning, Excellent Papers on Teaching Research in Urban and Rural Planning in Higher Education In 2018. Fuzhou, China Construction Industry Press: 83 -89.
Wang Baoqiang, Chen Yao, Geng Hong. Exploration and Practice of Qualitative Research Methods Intervening in Rural Social Investigation——Taking the Undergraduate Teaching of Huazhong University of Science and Technology as an Example, Outstanding Papers on Teaching Research of Urban and Rural Planning Subjects in National Higher Education In 2018. Fuzhou, China Construction Industry Press: 310 - 319.
Wang Baoqiang, Wang Zhiyong, Luo Ji. Discussion on the Three-dimensional Construction of Teaching Theory, Practice and Method in Urban Ecological Environment Planning——Based on the Questionnaire Survey of 12 University Teachers, 2017 Excellent Papers on Urban and Rural Planning Teaching Research in National Higher Education Institutions Hohhot, China Building Industry Press (ISBN978-7-112-21257-6): 133-138.
Wang Baoqiang, Chen Yao. The realization path of urban refined management of urban design[J].Guangxi Urban Construction, 2017(05):38-49.
Yan Kai,Wang Baoqiang,Shen Qingji.Study on the Evaluation Method of Shanghai Ecological Network System[J].Shanghai Urban Planning,2017(02):82-89.
Wang Baoqiang, Peng Chong, Yang Lei. Discussion on the Controlled Detailed Planning and Management of Urban Ecological Areas[J].Planner, 2016, 32(04): 62-67.
Wang Baoqiang, Yang Fei, Wang Zhenbo. The impact of sea level rise on the value of ecosystem services and adaptation measures[J].Acta Ecologica Sinica,2015,35(24):7998-8008.
WANG Baoqiang, SU Shan, PENG Zhongren, YANG Fei.Evaluation of the Impact of Sea Level Rise on Coastal Wetlands[J].Journal of Tongji University(Natural Science),2015,43(04):569-575.
WANG Baoqiang, AN Chao. Research on Regional Urban Development Strategy from the Perspective of Ecological Civilization[J]. Journal of Shenyang Jianzhu University (Social Science Edition), 2015, 17(01): 17-23.
Wang Baoqiang. Interpretation of the Report on the Adaptation of European Cities to Climate Change[J]. Urban Planning Journal, 2014(04): 64-70.
Wang Baoqiang, Xu Jiangang. Strategy and Planning for the Coordination of Scenic Spots and Urban Space in City--A Case Study of Liancheng County in Fujian Province[J].Journal of Tongji University(Social Science Edition), 2012, 23(06): 40-45 .
LI Yong, XU Jian-gang, YIN Hai-wei, WANG Bao-qiang.Study on the Coordinated Development of Industrial Ecological Environment in Shandong Province Based on Principal Component Analysis[J].Urban Studies,2010,17(06):111-116.
WANG Baoqiang, CHEN Teng, YIN Haiwei, ZHANG Bo. Analysis of the Spatial Structure of the Economic Zone on the West Coast of the Taiwan Straits Based on the Core-Edge Theory[J]. Urban Development Research, 2010, 17(01): 60-65.
Wang Baoqiang, Xu Jiangang, Li Yong. Study on the layout of mountainous city land use from the perspective of flood safety——Taking Liancheng County in Fujian Province as an example[J].Planner, 2009, 25(10): 72-77.
Wang Baoqiang, Xu Jiangang, Jiang Haibing.Spatial Control Research Based on Suitability Evaluation of Construction Land——Taking Jinling Prison Area in Nanjing as an Example[J].Research of Modern Cities,2009,24(04):66-70.
Wang Baoqiang. Land Suitability Evaluation and Space Control Based on GIS——Taking Jinling Prison Area in Nanjing as an Example[A]. China Urban Planning Society. Urban and Rural Planning from the Perspective of Ecological Civilization——2008 China Urban Planning Annual Conference Paper Set [C]. China Urban Planning Society: China Urban Planning Society, 2008: 9.
 Guo Hengliang, Liu Lina, Wang Baoqiang. Analysis and Planning of Zhengzhou Greenland System Based on GIS and RS Technology[J].Meteorological and Environmental Sciences,2008(02):63-67.
1. National Natural Science Foundation of China, 51208213, Urban Space Disaster Resilience Research Based on Flood Vulnerability Assessment, 2017-2019, 200,000 yuan, under research, host
2. National Natural Science Foundation of China, 51678259, optimization of transportation and land use mode of “living everyday units” in large cities based on low-carbon travel, 2017-2020, 600,000 yuan, in research, participation
3. National Natural Science Foundation of China, 51778253, Urban Resilience Assessment, Mechanism and Planning Response Study of the Yangtze River Economic Belt, 2018-2021, 610,000 yuan, under research, participation
4. Fundamental research business funded project of the Central University, project number HUST:2016YXMS054, research on urban ecological spatial information map based on big data-spatial analysis technology, 2016-2018, in research, host
5. Research on Shanghai Urban Employment Structure Based on Low Carbonation Target, Shanghai Planning Bureau, 2012-2013, Participation
6. A Spatial-Temporal Econometric Model to Estimate Costs and Benefits of Sea-Level Rise Adaptation Strategies, Florida Sea Grant College Program, 2012-2013, Participation
7. Research on ecological performance evaluation methods for urban and rural space utilization, Ministry of Housing and Urban-Rural Development, 2013-2014, participation
8. Shanghai Eco-environment Construction Development Evaluation Study, Shanghai Planning Bureau, 2013-2014, Participation
9. Research on the detailed detailed planning index system for ecological construction in the area around the Dianchi Lake, Kunming Dianchi Administration, 2013-2014, participation
10. SSM-ES-GIS-based analysis and construction of urban ecological security spatial pattern, Shanghai Tongji Planning Institute, 2014-2015, participation
Undergraduate students: regional planning, urban and rural ecological environment planning, urban planning principles, urban general planning design, rural planning and design, urban control design
Master student: Graduate student experiment in urban and rural planning, Sino-US joint design
In 2019, students were instructed to participate in the third prize of the ecological footprint module of the crowdfunding project of Wuhan Simulation Laboratory.
In 2019, the students were instructed to participate in the first prize of the Wuhan Children's Friendly City Social Investigation Competition.
In 2019, the students were invited to participate in the Wuhan City Crowdfunding Project Greenway Planning won the second prize.
Outstanding papers on the teaching of urban and rural planning in the national colleges and universities in 2018
In 2018, the students were invited to participate in the rural competition organized by the China Urban Planning Association and won the second prize and the excellence award.
In 2018, the students were invited to participate in the community transformation project of the crowdfunding project in Wuhan, respectively, winning the first prize, the second prize and the third prize.
Instructing students to participate in the Social Survey Excellence Award of the Urban and Rural Planning Professional Steering Committee in 2018
Excellent papers on the teaching research of urban and rural planning subjects in the national colleges and universities in 2017
Excellent Paper Award of the First Urbanization Forum (Sun Yat-Sen University) in 2015
Planning and design practice
(1) Special research
1. Research on the construction of Huangshi's resilient living system (2018)
2. Huangshi City Resilience Strategy Report (2019)
3. Multi-integration research of Dongjin New District in Puyang City (2018-2019)
4. Special Study on Spatial Structure Optimization of Huangpi District, Wuhan (2018-2019)
5. Fuyang City Double Repair Master Plan (2018-2019)
6. Nanning Urbanization Special Study (2017)
(II) Regional Planning Urban System Planning
1. Fujian Province Urban System Planning (2010-2011)
2. Lanzhou City Yuzhong County Urban and Rural Planning (2010)
3. Kunming Metropolitan Area Strategic Planning (2011)
(III) Overall Planning Zoning Planning
1. Liancheng County Master Plan of Fujian Province (2008-2009)
2. Master Plan of Changting County, Fujian Province (2008-2009)
3. Conceptual Planning for the Overall Development of Jinling Prison Area in Nanjing (2009)
4. Shishou City Master Plan (2015)
(4) Control detailed planning
1. Shanghai Fengcheng Town Controlled Detailed Planning (2011)
(5) Special plan
1. Anshun City Green Space System Planning (2016)
2. Ningde City Earthquake Disaster Prevention Planning (2010-2011)
3. Longyan City Earthquake Disaster Prevention Planning (2010-2011)
4. Nanping City Earthquake Disaster Prevention Planning (2010-2011)
5. Changzhou Ecological Sensitive Area Planning (2011)
6. Shanghai Fengxian District Meteorological Disaster Prevention Plan (2011)
7. Anhui Xuancheng Urban Ecological Network and Central City Growth Boundary Study (2012)
University of Florida  Postgraduate (Doctoral)
同济大学  Postgraduate (Doctoral)  Doctoral Degree in Engineering
南京大学  Postgraduate (Master's Degree)  Master's Degree in Engineering
郑州大学  Undergraduate (Bachelor’s degree)  Bachelor's Degree in Engineering