Lecturer (higher education)
Supervisor of Master's Candidates
Gender:Male Status:Employed School/Department:School of Architecture and Urban Planning Education Level:Postgraduate (Doctoral) Degree:Doctoral Degree in Engineering Discipline:Urban and Rural Planning
Deng wei is assistant professor in urban planning in the school of architecture and urbanplanning of Hua Zhong university of science and technology(HUST) and member of international scientific committee on heritage sharing Wuhan research center (ISCSBH)of the international council of ancient sites (ICOMOS).He is teaching in cultural heritage conservation and urban design in undergraduate courses of urban planning.He is member of urban and rural cultural heritage conservation planning research center of HUST and practitioner in the field of urban and rural cultural heritage conservation.The academic researches and projects hold by him all closely combines with the local characteristics and question of reality faced in the area in china, for what he has been trying to find new ways to solve the problem and has explored some native methods.
CURRENT RESEARCH FILED
1.Research on the Cluster Protection Method of Rural Settlements Heritage in Regional Perspective——Taking Ancient Villages and Towns in Shanxi Province as an Example, supported by National Science Foundation for Distinguished Young Scholar of China (Grant NO. 51708235), 2018.1-2020.12
2.Research on the Protection of Regional Rural Settlements Heritage, supported by Humanities and Social Science Foundation of Chinese Education Commission (Grant NO. 17YJCZH034), 2018.6-2020.6
3. Research on the Space Integration of Historic Urban Areas Based on Urban Memory: Taking Ningbo City as an Example, supported by Natural Science Foundation of Hua Zhong University of Science and Technology (Grant NO. 2016YXMS055), 2016.6-2019.6
 Deng Wei, Ding Keren. An Analysis of Morphological Characteristics of Shanxi Fort-type Settlements Under Regional Society During the Ming and QingDynasties [J]. New Architecture, 2018, (1): 124-129.
 Ding Keren, Deng Wei. The Characteristics of Ancient Villages and Towns in the Qinhe River Basin from the View of Regional History [J]. Huazhong Architecture, 2017, 35 (12): 72-75.
 Deng Wei, Hu Haiyan. Research on spatial characteristics and urban design strategies of Tibet temple towns: the case of Samey town [J]. City Planning Review, 2017, 41 (9): 81-86, 113.
 He Yi, Niu Haifeng, Deng Wei. Regional characteristics of ancient villages and townships under the influence of external mechanism: a case study of southeastern Shanxi province in Ming and Qing dynasties [J]. City Planning Review, 2017, 41 (10): 76-85.
 Deng Wei, He Yi, Hu Haiyan. Exploration on Integrated Conservation of Historic City in the New Period——The Case of Ningbo [J]. Urban Planning Forum, 2016, (4): 87-93.
 He Yi, Deng Wei, Li Jinsheng, et al. Research on Regional Types and Clustered Conservation Strategy of Ancient Villages and Towns in Shanxi [J]. City Planning Review, 2016,40 (2): 85-93.
 Deng Wei. Research on the evolution mechanism and morphology characteristic of shanxi ancient villages in Ming and Qing Dynasties [D]. Huazhong University of Science and Technology, 2015.
 He Yi, Deng Wei. From Management to Governance——The Role of Government in Historical Block Conservation [J]. Urban Planning Forum, 2014, (6): 109-116.
 He Yi, Deng Wei. Research on The Prototype and Types of Architectural Texture in Historic District [J]. City Planning Review, 2014, 38 (8): 57-62.
 He Yi, Deng Wei. Prototypes, Evolvement and Identification of Urban Texture in Nanhuamen Historic District [J]. Urban Planning Forum, 2014, (3): 97-103.
 Deng Wei, Hu Haiyan. A Study on Conservation System of Wuhan Industrial Heritages Based on Cultural and Spatial Integration [J]. Industrial Construction, 2014, (4): 45-48.
 Deng Wei, He Yi. "Simple Renovation" of Historic District: Take the Nanhuamen Historic District for Example [J]. Urban Development Studies, 2013, 20 (12): 110-115.
 Deng Wei, He Yi. Study on the Compilation of Traditional Block Guidelines from "Management" to "Service"--Taking the planning of Nanhua Men Historical Block in Taiyuan City as an example [C]. //Collection of Papers of the Annual Conference of Chinese Urban Planning in 2013. Huazhong University of Science and Technology, 2013:1-8.
 He Yi, Deng Wei. Study on protection of industrial heritage community from the perspective of work unit system [J]. Shanxi Architecture, 2012, 38 (32): 6-8.
 Deng Wei. Study on the Conservation Methods of A “cluster” of Ancient Villages: Take villages in Qinhe River valley as an example [D]. Huazhong University of Science and Technology, 2012.
 He Yi, Deng Wei. Study on the Space of Main Clan Village—A Case Study of Suzhuang National Historic and Cultural Village in Shanxi Province [J]. Architectural Journal, 2011, (11): 11-15.
 He Yi, Deng Wei, Zhou Langlang. End of the Function Completion, Start of the Memory: Renovation Plan of the Old Bund in Ningbo [J]. Urbanism and Architecture, 2011, (2): 54-56.
 Deng Wei, Liu Xian, He Yi. A Method for Industrial Heritage Gardening Design [J]. Journal of Huazhong University of Science and Technology (Urban Science), 2010, 27 (4): 70-73.
PROJECT AND PRACTICE
1.Urban Design of Zhuang Shi Historical District of Zheng Hai. Ningbo,2018.
2.Research on Conservation Planning of Wuhan Historic and Cultural City, 2017.
3.The Conservation Planning of Quanzhang Traditional Villages in Shanxi Province, 2017
4.The Conservation Planning of Xizhuang Traditional Villages in Shanxi Province, 2017
5.Study on Protection and Development Planning of Historic and Cultural Villages In Ningbo, 2016, (The Second Prize for Excellent Villages And Towns Planning Appraised By Hubei Urban Planning Association)
6. The Exhibition and Utilization Planning of Haishu Historic Area of Ningbo Historical City, 2015. (The Third Prize for Excellent Urban Planning Appraised By Hubei Urban Planning Association)
7.Cultural Landscape Promotion Design of Zhongshan Road in Ningbo Historical City", 2015
8. Guidelines for The Implementation of Conservation Planning for Zoumatang Historical and Cultural Village, Ningbo, 2014 (The First Prize for Excellent Urban Planning Appraised by National Urban Planning Association)
9. Study on The Spatial Characteristics of Traditional Villages in Dongqianhu, in Ningbo Historical City, 2014. (The Third Prize for Excellent Urban Planning Appraised by Hubei Urban Planning Association) 10. The Protection and Development Planning of Ancient Villages and Towns of Shanxi Province", 2013
11. Regulatory detailed Planning for The Historical and Cultural City of Xinjiang, 2013
12. Conservation Planning of Ningbo Historical And Cultural City, 2012
13. Construction Planning for Xiashui Historical Village in Ningbo, 2012 (Third Prize for beautiful Village Planning Appraised by Zhejiang Urban Planning Association)
14. Protection and Development Planning of Ancient Villages and Towns in Qinhe River Basin, 2011. (the First Prize for Excellent Planning Appraised by The Ministry of Education of China)
15.Guidelines for The Implementation Of Conservation Planning For Nanhua Men Historical And Cultural Blocks In Taiyuan, 2010. (The First Prize for Excellent Urban Planning Appraised by Shanxi Urban Planning Association)
16. Guidelines for Urban Design of Cicheng Ancient Town , 2010. (The second Prize for Excellent Urban Planning Appraised by Hubei Urban Planning Association)
17. Protection Planning of Suzhuang Historical and Cultural Village, 2009. (The second Prize for Excellent Urban Planning Appraised by Shanxi Urban Planning Association)
18. Protection Planning Of Niangziguan Historic And Cultural Town, 2007 (The first Prize for Excellent Urban Planning Appraised by Shanxi Urban Planning Association)
Huazhong University of Science and Technology  Urban Planning and Design  Postgraduate (Doctoral)  Doctoral Degree in Engineering
Huazhong University of Science and Technology  Urban Planning and Design  Postgraduate (Master's Degree)  Master's Degree in Engineering
Huazhong University of Science and Technology  Urban Planning and Design  Postgraduate  Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
School of Architecture and Urban Planning of Huazhong University of Science and Technology Department of Urban Planning assistant professor